Introducing our delectable Chocolate Bundt Cake – an exquisite treat that’s decadently rich, moist, and utterly delightful. This recipe captures the essence of the beloved cakes from Nothing Bundt Cakes, all while being budget-friendly and incredibly simple to whip up. Whether you’re celebrating a birthday, anniversary, indulging in a backyard picnic, or enjoying a cozy Sunday dinner, this Chocolate Bundt Cake is your perfect companion. With the convenience of a boxed cake mix and a handful of basic ingredients, you can create a homemade masterpiece that’s guaranteed to impress. And don’t forget to crown it with our heavenly cream cheese frosting for a show-stopping centerpiece that will win hearts.
A Nothing Bundt Cake Chocolate Chocolate Chip Recipe
A Homemade Chocolate Delight Inspired by Nothing Bundt Cakes If you’ve ever relished a slice of Nothing Bundt Cake, you know the sheer joy it brings. While those cakes are indeed delightful, they can dent your wallet. Our homemade Chocolate Bundt Cake captures the same dense, moist, and delicious essence at a fraction of the cost. Chances are, you already have most of the required ingredients in your kitchen.
Ingredients for the Chocolate Bundt Cake:
- 1 box of Devil’s Food cake mix (your favorite brand)
- 1 box (3.4 ounces) of instant Chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup of regular sour cream (or plain Greek yogurt)
- 4 large eggs
- Approximately 1/2 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups of mini chocolate chips (plus more for a delightful garnish)
For the Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) of cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup (1 cube) of softened butter
- 3 to 4 cups of powdered sugar (adjust for desired thickness)
- A couple of teaspoons of pure vanilla extract for an extra layer of flavor
Secret to a Moist Cake
Our Chocolate Bundt Cake recipe stands out for its incredible moistness. What’s our secret? We incorporate instant pudding mix and sour cream into the batter. Combined with the Devil’s Food cake mix, this cake becomes effortlessly easy to prepare. No more fretting about the right cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, or flour proportions. Simply whisk together sour cream, water, and oil in a large mixing bowl, and you’re on your way!
Don’t forget the mini chocolate chips – they elevate the cake’s richness and chocolatey goodness. Whether you have milk chocolate or semi-sweet chips on hand, they’ll work beautifully.
Perfect Cream Cheese Frosting
While you could opt for a basic glaze or a ganache topping, our true-to-the-original recipe calls for a luscious cream cheese frosting. The best part? Frosting the cake like a pro is a breeze! Fill a Ziplock bag with the frosting, snip a small hole in one corner, and get creative. Enjoy indulging in the batter and savoring as much frosting as your heart desires.
How to Make Chocolate Bundt Cake
Chocolate Bundt Cake (Nothing Bundt Cake Copycat Recipe)
This Chocolate Bundt Cake is a true indulgence, mirroring the divine taste of the renowned Nothing Bundt Cake shop’s creations. Rich, moist, and utterly scrumptious, this recipe is a delightful homage to the original. In just over an hour, you can treat yourself to a slice of heaven. Here’s how to bring this luscious dessert to life.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Bundt Cake Pan
- Electric Mixer
- Mixing Bowls
- 1 box of Devil’s Food cake mix
- 3.4 ounces instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3-4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In an electric mixer or with beaters, combine the first six ingredients. Stir in the mini chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into a greased Bundt cake pan (cooking spray works well). Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 45-50 minutes.
- Once out of the oven, allow the cake to cool for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the Bundt pan by placing a plate upside down over the pan. Hold the plate firmly on top of the pan, then flip both the plate and the pan so the cake gently comes out onto the plate. Cover the cake with plastic wrap and refrigerate it overnight before frosting.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the softened cream cheese and butter until creamy. Add vanilla extract and gradually incorporate the powdered sugar. Start with 2 cups, then continue adding more until you achieve the desired thickness.
- Transfer the frosting into a resealable gallon-sized Ziplock bag. Cut a tiny hole in one corner of the bag.
- Squeeze the frosting out of the bag onto the cake in strips, creating a delightful pattern.
- The listed preparation and cooking times do not include the overnight refrigeration.
- To stay true to the copycat recipe, frost the cake with cream cheese frosting.
- Remember to properly grease the Bundt pan to ensure the cake comes out intact. Use a toothpick to check for doneness and let it cool on a wire rack.
- Calories: 579kcal
- Carbohydrates: 64g
- Protein: 6g
- Fat: 35g
- Saturated Fat: 15g
- Cholesterol: 97mg
- Sodium: 490mg
- Potassium: 182mg
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 48g
- Vitamin A: 745IU
- Vitamin C: 0.2mg
- Calcium: 112mg
- Iron: 2mg
Bundt cakes have a unique pan design, with a round shape and a hole in the middle. This design prevents the batter from expanding too much during baking, resulting in a dense and moist cake.
Yes, it's essential to grease a bundt pan for best results. You can use baking spray or a pastry brush to evenly coat the inside of the pan with vegetable oil, ensuring the cake comes out intact.
It's recommended to cool the cake in the pan for at least 10 to 20 minutes after baking. Use a toothpick to check for doneness before removing it. Once it's done, cool it further on a wire rack until you're ready to frost.
Experience sheer opulence with our sumptuous cakes, designed to gratify your every desire. Delight in scarlet batter infused with velvety cocoa and luscious chocolate chips. Savor the homely goodness, accentuated by a generous sprinkle of chocolate chips, catering to your chocolate yearnings. Relish the airy white chocolate cake intertwined with the finest raspberry puree.
The exceptional moistness of Nothing Bundt Cakes can be attributed to the unique bundt cake pan shape. This design exposes more of the cake to intense baking heat, resulting in a denser and moister batter. This ensures the creation of a top-tier bundt cake, delivering an extraordinarily rich and indulgent experience.