Indulge in the sublime flavors of these twice-baked potatoes; they’re an absolute crowd-pleaser! My enduring go-to for years, these potatoes shine as a delightful side dish for any meal and reheat beautifully, making them a fantastic lunch option the following day.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
These twice-baked potatoes are equally suited as an enticing main course or a sumptuous side dish.
How to Make Twice-Baked Potatoes
Creating the perfect twice-baked potatoes in the comfort of your kitchen is simpler than you might imagine. For a comprehensive list of ingredients and step-by-step guidance, refer to the recipe below. Here’s an overview:
The Best Potatoes for Twice-Baked Potatoes
Opt for potatoes with low moisture content and high starch levels, such as Russet potatoes. Their robust skins are perfect for cradling the luscious filling, and their natural portioning is a convenience.
How to Cook Twice-Baked Potatoes
Here’s a quick rundown of what to expect when preparing this twice-baked potatoes recipe:
- Bake the potatoes until they’re tender.
- Cook, drain, and crumble the bacon.
- Slice the potatoes and scoop out the flesh.
- Combine the flesh with the other ingredients, reserving half of the cheese and onions.
- Fill the potato skins with the mixture and top them with the reserved ingredients and bacon.
- Bake the potatoes once more for approximately 15 minutes.
Cooking Time for Twice-Baked Potatoes
In total, the potatoes should spend approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes in an oven preheated to 350 degrees F. They’ll bake for roughly an hour during the initial round and an additional 15 minutes during the final phase.
Storing Twice-Baked Potatoes
Store any leftover twice-baked potatoes tightly wrapped in plastic or foil, or in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to four days.
How to Reheat Twice-Baked Potatoes
Reheat them by baking in an oven preheated to 350 degrees F for 15 to 20 minutes or in the microwave (covered with a damp paper towel) for 2 to 3 minutes.
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 8 slices of bacon
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup milk
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 8 green onions, sliced, divided
- Gather your ingredients and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bake the potatoes in the preheated oven until they are tender, approximately 1 hour, depending on their size. Allow the potatoes to cool before handling.
- Meanwhile, in a large, deep skillet, cook the bacon over medium-high heat until it is evenly browned. Drain, crumble, and set aside.
- Slice the potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop out the flesh into a large bowl, saving the skins.
- Add sour cream, milk, butter, salt, pepper, 1/2 cup of cheese, and half of the green onions to the potato flesh. Mix with a hand mixer until well blended and creamy.
- Spoon the mixture into the potato skins, topping each with the remaining cheese, green onions, and bacon.
- Return the potatoes to the preheated oven and continue baking until the cheese is melted, approximately 15 minutes. Serve piping hot!
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
- Calories: 422
- Fat: 30g
- Carbs: 29g
- Protein: 11g